Job Title : First Commis Chef
Grade : 3
Scope and General Purpose
As a First Commis Chef, you will be responsible to ensure all food requirements for F & B locations are prepared as per the production plan and meals prepared are as per standard recopies and within HACCP guidelines to meet and exceed customer expectations. You will be responsible for the execution of assigned work by the Chef de Partie / Demi Chef de Partie.
- Produce meals as per the production plan, ensuring procedures are followed and all records are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the work area and take care of all outlet equipment and materials.
- Perform other department duties related to your position as directed by the Head of Department.
- Manage food stock effectively, and minimize food wastage through good kitchen management processes, such as labelling and mis-en-place par levels. All stock is to be rotated, dated and managed in order to reduce wastage and contribute to the kitchen profitably through effective food cost control.
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company specifications, ensure any change made to the receipts is highlighted to Senior Chefs for system update, and food quality is constantly maintained as per QDFC standard, and ensure that the presentation and freshness of all food are of the highest standard.
- Respond positively to guest feedback/complaints, understand guest expectations, and bring all complaints to the attention of the senior chefs for future improvements.
- High school graduation with a certificate in catering or professional cookery.
- Additional trade certificates or relevant training certificates are highly preferred.
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience and previously worked as a Commis Chef.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in the English language.
- Proof of completion in a basic food hygiene course.
- Good Working, knowledge about food and beverage production.